Thursday 16 April 2015

Trying out some new pens

My holiday is finished now and I'm settling back into my daily routine travelling to and from work. I'm constantly thinking of drawing though and working out what I'm going to draw next.  Hopefully one day I can spend my days drawing.  I'm very much enjoying getting back into blogging too and although I have less time now that I'm back to work, I'm keen to keep it up.


I tried out my new pens which I got last week from Greyfriar's Art Shop in Edinburgh with some interesting results.  I was mostly excited to use the ZIG Artist Sketching Pen as I've never tried out this brand. I used my new sketchbook that I also got from Greyfriar's and I found it quite interesting how the two worked together.  As the nib hit the paper the ink sunk in and if left for a second it bled outwards. Certainly not what I'm used to with the pens I normally use so it made me draw quite quickly, my subject being my dog Keira. I really like the quality it gives, especially for quick sketching. Perhaps the bleed was due to the paper I was using, but I'm going to do a post soon about all the pens I use and show how they work on different papers so i'll experiment a bit with them then.


Another little sketch I did lately was with the usual pens I use, Copic Multiliner SP at 0.03. This is in my Fabriano Venezia sketchbook. As I've mentioned previously, it has the best paper quality.  I absolutely love it. I'm carrying my sketchbook with me to work so I'll pop up more sketches soon as I get into my routine (and used to the early mornings again).


No comments:

Post a Comment