Saturday 28 May 2016

A spot of pampering: Birchbox May subscription box


This week has been a week of being ill. I've had some sort of flu type virus and have spent my time napping, coughing, sneezing, drinking honey and lemon, steaming my face and nibbling toast. It's been pretty rubbish.  I had to cancel plans I'd made to visit the Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design degree show and also a workshop I'd booked as part of the Dundee Design Festival to carve a ring out of wax.  Very bad timing to get ill. 


Thankfully a parcel arrived to cheer me up in the form of the May Birchbox! This is my first subscription to Birchbox so I was pretty excited for its arrival. The box itself is incredibly pretty, with a clever little scratch off panel included into the design. The panel shows if you've won a holiday which I unfortunately haven't but it did reveal a cute little rabbit design.



Inside the box I got a great welcome to the subscription along with a leaflet explaining the contents.  There's nothing quite like getting a box full of exciting treats through the post and the range of goodies was lovely. 


Everything was wrapped up in a lovely reusable draw string bag. I was quite shocked at the ample sizes of the samples which will last me a good little while.



I got Vasanti's 'Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face rejuvenator' which I've already tried and it was excellent at reviving my skin after this week of feeling rubbish. I also got some Kueshi Foot Care Cream which smells like a dream! Spectrum Collections 'Unicorn Tears Wonder Sponge' for makeup application has the best name. Philip Kingsley's 'PK Prep Polishing Balm' for hair will be handy for tackling my often frizzy bob. Sarah Chapman's 'Skinesis Spot SOS Stickers' are for popping on a blemish for some SOS spot fighting action.  An interesting idea that I'll keep aside for spot emergencies! Last but not least theBalm's 'Stainiac in Beauty Queen', a raspberry coloured lip and cheek stain, perfect for the warmer weather for a bit of colour.


 I'm no beauty reviewer but I do love a bit of pampering and when it's sent to your house in a surprise parcel it's even better. This is a great idea for a monthly pick me up or even as a gift for a friend.

If you're interested head over to www.birchbox.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment